Saturday 11 October 2014

Introduction to Myself!











        Introduction to myself..Sarah- Louise Leftly

My interest in Make-up developed when i was chose at school to take part in a Stunt acton film, called 'Be Me'. During the film i had cuts and scars moulded on my knuckles by a Make-up Artist, which then made me realise that i would love to have the opportunity one day to become a Make-up Artist.
In my free time i enjoy drawing still life image and also experimenting with Make-up.

After i left Brentwood County High School in 2007 i instantly enrolled in Havering College and gained an NVQ in Level 1 and Level 2 Beauty therapy. After Level 2 beauty therapy i then continues onto Redbridge College in 2009 to learn Level 3 Diploma in hair, Media and Theatrical Make-up. I knew that you need good GCSE's to be able to take part in this course so i decided to Re-take my english and maths qualifications at Redbridge College as well as the make-up course. During my time at Redbridge College i also went to Paris to view the Wella Hair show where i was shown the latest hair styles and the new products.
I was very successful at Redbridge College as i was the first student to finish the course and had an excellent end result.

To better my skills in make-up i found myself work experience at artem in middlesex. Artem is a work shop where they make Special effects and prosthetics for Film, T.V and adverts. I shadowed a gentleman named 'Jim Bones'. His job role is a Sculpture Technician. I watched him create a sculpture of Spiderman for the movie that come out in 2014. He taught me how to run Plat Gels and Probondo's into open moulds to create cuts and scars for films.
Also i have met Conor O'sullivan at his work shop called 'Creature Inc', which is based in Wemble London. He review my work and gave me very positive feedback. 
I have been lucky enough to have had the chance to do work experience also at Blackmore Players Theatre, located in Essex.
I also spent the day at the aid Studio in London and at the BBC Television Studio.

To then gain more skills, i decided to take part in a Prosthetic and Bald Cap course at Delamar academy, which is located in Ealing, London. This was an intense course and it made me realise that it is a difficult industry and very demanding.
Whilst I was at Delamar Academy I learnt the Theory of Prosthetics and working procedures, health and safety practices, face casting, sculpting, silicone runs, preparing moulds and the application of pieces with Make-up to achieve a finished look. I completed the course to all my deadlines and I was told that my work was of a high standard.

In my social life i love to spend time with family and friends.
University will be a challenge for me and the skills that i will develop from university life will help me towards my future career as the skills i will learn at university will take me through life and make me independent and hardworking.

No comments:

Post a Comment