Thursday 27 November 2014

Alexander McQueen-My inspiration and modernised elizabethan





Alexander McQueen-Spring 2010 Ready-to-wear




Spring 2010 ready-to-wear
http://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/24257-anastasija-kondratjeva/
Alexander McQueen
[Viewed on 5 December 2014]
                                        



Lee Alexander McQueen, known as Alexander McQueen. The founder of his own Alexander McQueen label and Ex worker chief at Givenchy from 1996 to 2001.
He has also achieved four British Designer of the year awards as well as the CFDA'S International Designer of the year awards in 2003.


This hairstyle of Alexander McQueen's inspired me, made me realise I would like to experiment in creating a heart shape padding in my final hair design. When I look at this picture I think of contemporary Elizabethan as I believe some creations have been made copying the Elizabethan times. For example the hair is an over exzagerated version of an Elizabethan heart shape padding and the colour is definitely Elizabethan. The plait makes me think more so of the more modern times.
Looking at this image, it looks like the shape of the hair is created by wires apposed to padding. 

Alexander McQueen – Plato’s atlantis spring/summer 2010



Alexander McQueen omaggia Alien
Designer-Alexander McQueen
[Viewed on 5 December 2014]



This photograph to me looks like the side of an alien with a big head, or even a brain on the head.
I can see a comparison between these two images. I think the plaits have been made tight and in that position like that to make the illusion of the skulls of Giger's creations. Even thou these two images have a similar comparison I can also see an Elizabethan Hairdo in the image too.
The colour, padding, tightness of the plaits and the textured frizzy hair coming from the side and underneath makes this image look Elizabethan.
Also the make-up looks quite pale here which adds an Elizabethan feel to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment