Thursday 27 November 2014

My Design inspiration






I got my design inspiration from three images. I like the heart-shaped padding in the "Ermine portrait". I chose to create a heart-shaped padding as I get more of an Elizabethan feel from it. I also believe it looks more creative then the round padding.
I knew straight away that I wanted to include pin curls in my design as I had the idea of putting a pearl in each pin curl from the start. The look of pin curl that I wanted to included was similar to that of Anna-Marie Duffs portraying the 'Virgin Queen'.
At first I wasn't sure how I wanted the back of the hair. But with a bit of research and a lot of different ideas I thought to myself I have a lot going on at the front and this took my model a good hour to complete, so I wanted something simple at the back, but at the same time, Contemporary. So I decide to do a normal plait, but with ribbon plaited through the plait and a few pearls in the plait as well. Then to neaten this hairdo up I thought a bun looked nice to complete the look.
I wanted the plait to look similar to that of Ashley Simpson's hair at New york Fashion week.




"The Ermine Portrait" 
by an Unknown Artist, c. 1585
[Viewed on 5 December]





Anne-Marie Duff portraying The Virgin Queen
[Viewed on December 2014]






Model Ashley Simpson
New York Fashion Week
[Viewed on 5 December]



No comments:

Post a Comment