Sunday 9 November 2014

Possible final looks!


Three possible final looks



We have to design three contemporary elizabethans look that have to choose from for out hair assessment.
The three designs all incorporate either pearls or gold ribbons as this is a sign of wealth and nobility and in the Elizabethan Era only the wealthy people could afford this.


First Look



This is the first look.
I just love this style as it is my own style that I have created for my design and this was my first attempt. This will probably end up being my main design.
To achieve this look I created tight barrel curls around the from section on the hair, then I turned these tight barrel curls into pin curls.
The middle section of the hair I have created a volumed look but using padding.
However, after my heart shaped padding class with Lottie today went so well, I have decided that I would like to change my idea and have this style with heart shaped padding apposed to just round.
The back section of the hair I have crimped. I haven't actually completed the design here yet, but I was thinking of making the bottom, crimped section into a fishtail plait. I would also place pearls inside the pin curls, as pearls are popular for the wealthy person in the Elizabethan Era.
Alternative
However, if my partner  is not comfortable with completing this look then I believe the original style (as shown in the picture above) with the the normal round shape would still be a good idea as this will be easier for them to accomplish.



Second look


(no date c). 
 http://www-static.weddingbee.com/pics/112546/wedding_hair.jpg
[Accessed: 5 December 2014]




This hairstyle is very elizabethan as she has big hair and tight curls. Also at the bottom, the hair is going up like a French plait.
I like this look as it is very simple, but I believe it can still work to be a contemporary Elizabethan look. I would like to mix it up a bit with ideas of my own and incorporate gold ribbon (sign of wealth and nobility) going up into the hair on the plait. Maybe also scattering pearls around the top of the hair.
Alternative:
If my partner is not comfortable with the French plait, I will alter this look with normal plaits going into the hair.



Third look
(no date b). Gretchen Heber and Michelle Breyer, content.
 Available at: http://www.naturallycurly.com 
[Accessed: 5 December 2014]


This hairstyle makes me think of the Elizabethan Era because of the colour and the plait. Also this hair do is very big.
I am thinking of possible making this my final design. However, I will be adding a little more Elizabethan touch to this style. This would be by using ribbon to go along the French plait around the front of the head with pearls in each overlapped hair on the plait.
The rest of the hair would be curly and I would like a heart shaped make by padding on the top of the head, I would have this hair over the padding crimped.
Alternative
However, if my partner is not comfortable in creating the padded heart shaped look then I would be still like to see the French plait with the ribbon and pearls around the hairline.
The ribbon would be gold as I believe this represents Wealth, Nobility and the upper class.

No comments:

Post a Comment